Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Designed with a Plan

Today we are throwing a baby shower for a girl at work. We are going to lunch at TGI Friday's and then she will open gifts while we all "ooh and aah" over the many things that she got. I actually really love baby showers and I know that we are going to have a lot of fun! The best part of all this is that I know the baby we are celebrating is extra special to this family because she is their miracle baby. This woman and her husband have given up on getting pregnant. They had been trying and trying for years and finally they just quit. Now a few years later, one day they just find out they are pregnant. They were so excited to have been blessed with this miracle. It was so much fun to watch this gal walk out of work holding baby clothes when she was only six weeks pregnant. It is amazing how a new life can change so much in so little time. It's also amazing just how much God cares about that little life. Jeremiah says, " The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'" (1:4-5) I can't even fathom how amazing it is that before God even created us in our mother's womb He had a plan for our lives. Isn't it great to know that you DO have a purpose? You were designed with a plan in mind! Your life has a mission. It isn't just meaningless. God put you on this earth for a reason!

"This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen." Isaiah 44:2

No comments:

Post a Comment