Monday, April 5, 2010

It was Good

Today I finished a class project that I have been working on for approximately 12 hours. I purposely picked a hard object to re-create because I loved the challenge of it but as a result I probably spent three times as much time on this project than anyone else in my class. It was fun to watch the object take shape on the computer screen as I tweaked and re-tweaked and polished each effect. I meticulously worked over the finer points to make it as true to the original as possible. Finally, today I was finished. No. It wasn't perfect and it wasn't the same down to every detail, but it was Good. I was proud of my creation, and for once I understood something...

This is how God felt when He created ME!

He looked at me and said "She is good!" In Genesis 1, God says the words "it was good" SIX times. When He created humans He said we were VERY good. We aren't copies. We are His original creation and He is proud of us!

When God looks at us, He doesn't see the flaws or imperfections. He doesn't see the extra 20 or 30 pounds. He doesn't see that we don't keep our houses clean or our nail perfectly manicured. He sees his perfect creation and He still says that we are VERY good!

What will it take for you to see yourself the way that God sees you?

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them...God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day." Genesis 1:26, 27, & 31



 This is my project. I was to copy a manufactured object as closely to the original as possible.




This is the original image of the Shelby GT500 "Elanor" from Gone in 60 Seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment