Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Special: Part Three

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
(a.k.a. Singles Awareness Day according to some SBU alumni)


Today I wanted to write one more blog about L-O-V-E. I could go to 1 Corinthians chapter 13, but I think that would be a little too cliche. Instead I want to share with you what I consider to be one of the greatest love verses in the Bible.

"But here is how God has shown his love for us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

This verse is short and to the point and that point is that God loves us. In fact He loved us so much that He gave up His perfect and only Son to come and die a horrible death on the cross so that He could have a relationship with us. If that's not love then I don't know what is.

Today, on Valentine's Day, celebrate your love for one another. Share the love with a friend who may not be married or dating yet. But most of all remember the love of Christ and share that with someone who needs that love today.

Other Resources:
These are a few other resources that can improve your marriage, dating, and life in general.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day!!! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "Singles Awareness Day" is a great by-line. :) Valentines can be hard for a lot of friends who long to find the love of their life, but this is a great reminder that Jesus is that love we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what all the single girls at Southwest Baptist University (SBU) aka Southwest Bridal University used to call it. I think a couple of years they even made t-shirts. And I agree about finding love. Although I knew Jimmy for a long, long time. God didn't bring him into the picture romantically until after I was out of college. So there were many times I wondered if I would ever find the One or date or get married. Some days were easier than others.

    ReplyDelete