Thursday, November 4, 2010

God Given Talent...Literally

I don't know about you but I love being creative! It feels good to take supplies into my hands and to make something from them. It doesn't matter if I am using pencil and paper to sketch or material to sew, when I see an outcome that I like it makes me excited and proud. I am so thankful that God gave us to enjoy the abilities He has given us.


What I was thinking about today is this...How true is the saying "God given talent"?

Then I remembered the story of the building on the tent of meeting. If you check out Exodus 31, you will find a detailed description of the creation of the tent of meeting. It talks about the materials that should be used and the measurements and the decorations, but in the midst of all of this there are six verses that stood out to me...

"Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts. Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given ability to all the skilled workers to make everything I have commanded you..." Exodus 31:1-6

God LITERALLY (my husbands second favorite word) gave them the talent and artistic ability to serve Him. I believe that God still gives us the talents we need to serve Him. Sometimes it's music. Sometimes it's the ability to write great stories. Sometimes it's the ability to draw or create great craft items. Whatever it is that you are great at God has given you that talent. Don't forget to give it back to Him by doing His work with the abilities He has given you.

After all...It's God given talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment